Botox San Diego and Juvederm San Diego – Which is best?
The rapid growth of non-surgical cosmetic related procedures has grown substantially in the past several years. Most of these noninvasive treatments are done by using either Botox or Juvederm. Both of these types of cosmetic treatments are used to treat aging, but they target different areas on the face which we’ll address here in a minute. Both Juvederm and Botox are fast, effective and relatively painless. Both of these products are manufactured by the same company, Allergan. Whether you’re looking for Botox San Diego or Juvederm San Diego, the office of Dr. John R. Pedrotty provide both of these two cosmetic injectables.
Botox relaxes muscles in the face that might cause lines or wrinkles. When Botox is injected into the muscle, the Botox blocks signals from the nerves to the muscles. This allows patients to make various facial expressions without having wrinkles, lines or creases (smile, grin, frown, etc).
Juvederm on the other hand, works quite differently. This product works by adding volume to the facial tissue through its primary ingredient, hyaluronic acid. This provides temporary volume in the injected area to fill in wrinkles, add volume to lips and so on. Aside from fixing thin lips, or addressing creases, Juvederm can add volume to sunken and hollowing areas which may stem from volume loss.
How Botox San Diego Can Help:
The number one reason for cosmetic related visits with healthcare providers are the signs of aging. Whether this is fillers, wrinkles, IPL – whatever the situation, botox is typically the most common solution to most problems. Dr. John Pedrotty can provide cosmetic botox injections that will help reduce the signs of aging.
What is Botox?
Approved by the FDA and manufactured by Allergan, Botox is a prescription medication normally injected into the skin to smooth out wrinkles of all types including frown lines, smoker’s lines, crow’s feet, forehead furrows etc. Most of the wrinkles will diminish significantly for up to 6 months.
As a neurotoxin, Botox works by attaching to nerve endings to prevent the release of acetylcholine, a neurotransmitter that triggers muscle contractions. Simply put, the Botox injections help to temporarily relax facial muscles whose contractions cause wrinkles. It’s one of the quickest and most effective wrinkle smoothers on the market today.
Key Benefits of Botox Injections
Here are some of the many benefits of Botox injections:
- Wrinkles removal. This is one of the most obvious benefits of Botox injections. The treatment is even FDA approved for the reduction of wrinkles on our faces.
- Treatment of migraines. Botox has been proven to be effective in treating migraines. Medical experts suggest that Botox helps relieve migraines by blocking sensory nerves that relay pain messages directly to the brain.
- Reduces excessive sweating. If you’re plagued by constantly sweaty palms and armpits, you’ll be glad to know that you just need to pay a visit to Dr. John Pedrotty who is a Botox San Diego expert and you can kiss the problem goodbye.
- Treatment of muscle twitching and stiffness. Botox has been used to treat the problem of upper and lower lip spasticity with success. It has also been used to relieve muscle stiffness in the elbow, fingers, and wrists. A Botox injection will treat eye and other facial spasms or twitching as well.
- There are many more health benefits of Botox injections including the treatment of Bell’s Palsy, which results from damaged facial nerves making one half of the patient’s face droop, the treatment of enlarged prostrates, the treatment of incontinence or urine leakage, and much more.
When it comes to the cost of treatment, Botox injections are some of the most cost-effective cosmetic treatment methods you can get today. The costs do vary depending on placements, units and so on but Dr. John R. Pedrotty provides the best Botox San Diego has to offer. Botox is without a doubt one of the most affordable solutions on the market today.
How Juvederm San Diego Can Help:
It’s quite normal to start seeing changes on your face and skin as you age. After all those millions of smiles and facial gestures you’ve made over the years, small creases will start appearing on different places on your face. There are some of us who start having small wrinkles around the eyes even before the age of 40. Well, getting older is acceptably natural but you don’t have to sport a web of wrinkles when they can easily be erased with Juvederm San Diego injections. Similar to Botox, Juvederm is also manufactured by Allergan.
What is a Juvederm Injection?
Juvederm is basically hyaluronic acid filler used by a healthcare provider to restore the volume lost in specific areas. Juvederm injections administered in San Diego clinics help recreate youthful contours on your face by softening the wrinkles around the nose and mouth. Juvederm injections are great options for those who want to see the wrinkles around their lips diminish. It’s a popular choice for women who want to look younger and erase the signs of aging from their beautiful faces.
In San Diego beauty clinics, Juvederm is administered into the deep dermis or mid dermis of the skin using a syringe. The injected Juvederm gel goes to add volume to the area it is injected to straighten the skin and erase wrinkles. Juvederm is compatible with the human body. It will remain under your skin for between 6 and 8 months after which it will be metabolized by the body.
Key Benefits of Juvederm Injections
- Juvederm injections provide a safe minimally invasive wrinkle treatment procedure. The small injections are easy and quick to administer. It’s a comfortable treatment procedure and you’ll even go back to work shortly after the treatment.
- Juvederm has a natural look. It’s made of hyaluronic acid which already exists in our bodies.
- Fast results. You’ll see the results of the procedure about 15 minutes after the injection. Most people only need one treatment to get results.
- Juvederm treatment is also reversible, which means that the effects of the biodegradable fillers can be broken down if you don’t like your new look.
- Juvederm can also be used to reduce severe wrinkles that appear as we grow older and in lip augmentation procedures too.
If you’re looking for a practical way of getting your youthful glow again in California, a Juvederm San Diego injections treatment is your best option. Dr. John R. Pedrotty provides both Botox and Juvederm injections just a short drive from San Diego, on beautiful Coronado island.